Installing a minisplit can appear to be a daunting task but it really is not difficult at all and 95% of it can be do it yourself. Below is the steps required to mount and install a minisplit system.
- Pick a desired location to mount the indoor and outdoor units.
- Once location is picked us the template supplied to mount the brack for the indoor unit.
- Mount the outdoor unit to the wall or to a ground stand whichever is desired.
- With both units placed where they will be, drill a 2.5" hole through the wall by the indoor unit ensuring it is a slight angle down towrds the outside for proper drainage.
- Feed the minislit power wire from the outdoor unit to the indoor.
- Carefully unfold the indoor units linesets and push through the wall with the drain line.
- The indoor unit can now be hung and wired, take note of the colors of wires you connect to the terminals numbered 1-4.
- On the outside of the building, connect the linesets at the unions and carfully bend to the desired direction of the outdoor unit, making sure not to kink the lines.
- With the power wire from the indoor hook it up the same way on the outdoor unit.
This is all that you will be doing as a homeowner, you will need a HVAC proffesional to come out and vacuum the system down and open the valves. A electrician will be needed to hook up the final power from the breaker panel to the Unit.